[buug] ftp in shell script

Claude Rubinson cmsclaud at arches.uga.edu
Mon Sep 9 12:50:24 PDT 2002

> Pong-TC> The problem is that it always asks me to put my login and
> Pong-TC> password.  It didn't automatically go through as I wish.  Can
> Pong-TC> anyone please help?

If you have an account on the remote machine, one option would be use
ssh/scp with public key authentication.  Basically, you scp your public
key over to the remote machine and place it in .ssh/authorized_keys.
Assuming that public key authentication is permitted on the remote server,
you'll then be able to ssh/scp without entering your password.  see the
ssh man page for details.

Claude