[buug] ftp in shell script

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Mon Sep 9 15:45:23 PDT 2002

begin  Claude Rubinson  quotation:
> > Pong-TC> The problem is that it always asks me to put my login and
> > Pong-TC> password.  It didn't automatically go through as I wish.  Can
> > Pong-TC> anyone please help?
>
> If you have an account on the remote machine, one option would be
> use ssh/scp with public key authentication.  Basically, you scp your
> public key over to the remote machine and place it in
> .ssh/authorized_keys.  Assuming that public key authentication is
> permitted on the remote server, you'll then be able to ssh/scp
> without entering your password.  see the ssh man page for details.

Here's an old explanation of how to do it with rsync (which is
superior in every concievable way to scp):

http://zork.net/pipermail/crackmonkey/2001q1/016273.html

The nearly two-year-old offer at the end is extended further to this
list.

--
Jack Valenti is to the American film viewer and the American public
as the Boston strangler is to the woman home alone.