[buug] Learning to cut and paste

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Wed Sep 18 16:51:05 PDT 2002

Bill> My gpm seems to not be cutting and pasting :-< I think that
Bill> during installation I picked "3 button mouse" when in reality I
Bill> should have selected "two button with 3 button emulation".

Bill> I can highlight text, but it doesn't reach the buffer when I
Bill> click two buttons simultaneously.

Any reason not to actually get a 3-button mouse?  The emulation really
stinks, you'll give yourself a carpal syndrome quite fast.

And a lot of programs use 3 buttons in an essential way under X.  I
don't know if that matters to you, of course.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087