[buug] Blocking sendmail

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 19 16:14:31 PDT 2002

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> Thinking in context, I realized that you meant:
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/linux-info/mtas
>
> You even made that typo at the top of the above article.  Easy enough
> to do.

Yeah, I was either half-asleep, a dumbass, or both.  Thanks for the
post, as I was just about to post here about having changed the
filename -- plus correcting various errors within, and adding a few
things (probably most of those after you read it).  I decided to
restrict polemics entirely to the footnotes, etc.

> I always find that the argument about qmail and the FHS is amusing, as
> qmail is *proprietary software* and thus belongs in its own tree
> inside /opt.  Thus the "everything under /var/qmail" complaint should
> really be resolved with "everything under /opt/qmail".  After all,
> that's where the FHS says third-party proprietary vendor packages
> should *go*.

Of course, Dan wants to argue with the entire world about _that_, too.
It's all part of the noisy and protracted birth process for djbnix, I
guess.

--
Cheers,   If C gives you enough rope to hang yourself, then C++ give you enough
Rick Moen    to bind and gag your neighbourhood, rig the sails on a small ship,