[buug] Penguin mints

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Sep 30 01:09:44 PDT 2002

Quoting Claude Rubinson (cmsclaud at arches.uga.edu):

> For the Linux-lover who needs a pick-me-up... I just discovered that
> Andronico's sells "Penguin Caffeinated Peppermints."  These are the same
> mints that are sold by Copyleft
> (http://www.copyleft.net/item.phtml?dynamic=1&referer=%2Fcategory.phtml%3Fpage%3Dcategory_other.phtml&page=product_838_front.phtml).
>
> According to the back of the box, "3 penguins are the caffeine equivalent
> of 1 cola beverage."  Bet you didn't know that.

I wasn't fully aware of that on January 31, 2001, when I was head of one
of the two teams playing in Nick Petreley's "Golden Penguin Bowl" quiz
show at LinuxWorld Expo in NYC.  That morning, I absent-mindedly ate
half a tin of Penguin mints.  I believe the competition was at 11 AM,
and my team aced it, thanks in large part to, my um, enhanced reaction
time.

'Course, I also didn't sleep for the following two nights.

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers