[buug] watchdog timeout

Aleksandr Melentiev alex at myzona.net
Wed Apr 2 16:45:40 PST 2003

Hello all,

I am having a trouble with a watchdog timeout problem that occurs with a
network card. First I thought its the network card (SMC), but then I changed
it to a 3Com card and still having the same error:

xl0: watchdog timeout

When this randomly occurs, my console and ssh sessions stop responding,
sometimes the internet dissapears. Then only thing I can do is cold-reboot
the server.
My other card which is on-board (its an Intel N440BX mobo) works just fine.
I am suspecting that it could be because of the faulty PCI riser thru which
the network card is hooked up (its a 2U rackmount server). Cabling is fine.

Anyone have any ideas of where the problem lies and how to fix it? I am
running FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE-p6.

Thanks in advance.
Alex.