[buug] sourcesafe client

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Mon Apr 14 14:21:47 PDT 2003

Rick Moen said:

> Quoting Will Lowe (harpo at thebackrow.net):
>
>> I used this once long ago:
>>
>> http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/
>> but I haven't used it in ~ 2yrs.
>
> SourceOffSite is covered briefly at:
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/linux-info/scm.html
>
> Because it has Linux kernel dependencies, it may not work at all under
> environments like FreeBSD's linux_lib or Solaris's lxrun.  Also, I
> vaguely recall that it's extremely kludgey.  But then, getting any data
> out of the data roach motel that is Visual SourceSafe is something of a
> miracle.

For some reason people in my office have kept the old boxes of ancient
software.  I happened to find a copy of Source Safe v 2.2 from One Tree
Software (before Microsoft bought it).  One of the features is support for
Mac and Unix.

There were a few projects when I looked 2+ years ago to transform SS
databases into CVS.  They were barely started though and were hampered by
NDAs.

I'd guess that your best bet is to use cvs on your linux machine and
sneakernet it over to SS when you need to.

brian

--
Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/