[buug] sourcesafe client

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Mon Apr 14 14:33:20 PDT 2003

Will Lowe said:

>> I'd guess that your best bet is to use cvs on your linux machine and
>> sneakernet it over to SS when you need to.
>
> Our Windows guys at work are (of course) SS weenies also, and tried to
> get me to use SS for linux development.  It was pretty pointless ...
>
> We eventually agreed that it was simpler to just let me use CVS and
> require me to export a tarball of the CVS tree into sourcesafe every
> time I tag ...

CVS for Windows isn't bad, as in, it works and it doesn't cost money. CVS'
warts are still present.

We had no end of problems with SS.  If was frequently corrupted, we had to
pay all sorts of money for Source Off-Site, etc.  It's a stinky product.

I'm stuck with CM Telelogic right now, which is probably the worst
software I've ever used.  SCM can be summed up as:  the more expensive the
product, the more likely companies are to buy it, and the crappier it is.

brian

--
Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/