[buug] "Keeping your inbox clean is not my problem"

Claude Rubinson cmsclaud at uga.edu
Thu Apr 24 21:16:28 PDT 2003

I'm trying to locate a specific discussion list (or, possibly, usenet)
posting.  My Google searches have, so far, been unsuccessful.  I'm
wondering if someone here might know where it is.

As far as I can recall, it was a response to the popular suggestion of
using whitelists to control spam.  The response was something along
the lines of "First, discussions of spam control are boring; don't
expect to find any sympathizers here."  And then the author went on to
explain why discussions of spam control are boring.  It concluded with
a great line along the lines of "Keeping your inbox clean is not my
problem."  I'm thinking that the author may have been Karsten Self,
but I may be wrong.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I'm talking about?

Thanks,

Claude