[buug] ebay needs a few kick-ass *nix admins

Bob Read unixjavabob at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 21:41:39 PDT 2003

Normally, I wouldn't spam buug with job info, but the
economy is not what it once was, and I know how it
goes, being unemployed for quite a while myself a year
ago.

I'm not a headhunter--I'm on the network monitoring
team at ebay.  Which means I setup the alerting and
reporting for the servers, databases, and apps at
ebay.  I write the programs that nuke, webaboot,
display real-time stats, and markup/down ebay's 2600
nodes.

Ebay has a few open unix sys admin positions.

I'll be in the Berkeley area on Tuesday if you want to
talk about it.  or call me at the number below.

This job is really balls to the wall--and you will be
walked out of the building if you don't know what
you're doing.  Ebay supposedly has the largest SAN
fabric in the US.

But if you are good at *nix, there is no place more
rewarding.  I love the people I work with/work for.
And honestly, if you are at the top of your game, ebay
will pay you to work with some of the coolest and most
experimental hardware around.  Ebay is not run by
lawyers or accountants like most businesses...ebay is
run by techies...this means "open season for open
source".

Let me know.
Oh, yeah, its in San Jose...I have found it extremely
difficult to get to/from Berkeley from San Jose, I
wouldn't recommend it....

=====
Bob Read
Exit Code Incorporated