[buug] which ip to send from

johnd john at jjdev.com
Fri Aug 8 11:35:32 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 11:24:01AM -0700, Aaron T Porter wrote:
hum, this will do it for all traffic on that machine right?

if so, this would probally break the first app's ability to get through the
fire wall.

basically I need it to work like this:

the box is being a proxy and webserver.  I'd like it to use the same ip that
comes in to go out on

like when requests come to apache on ip1 they should go out to on ip1 (proxied)
requests that come on ip2 shoudl be proxied on ip2

is this possible?  or would it be up to the app (apach in this case) to
chose the ip to go out on?

> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 11:08:32AM -0700, johnd wrote:
> > they are both on the same subnet
> >
> > so I'm assuming I'll do something like
> >
> > route add -host [ip of dest box] gw [my box]
>
> or:
> route add -host destination-1.com gw my-ip.com dev eth0
> route add -host destination-2.com gw my-ip.com dev eth1

--Henry Spencer (Usenet signature, November 1987)