[buug] [msurkan at windows.microsoft.com: posting to Linux mail list]

Jon McClintock jammer at weak.org
Fri Dec 19 09:54:15 PST 2003

Hohohoho! Anyone interested in giving "the man" a piece of their mind?

-Jon

----- Forwarded message from Michael Surkan <msurkan at windows.microsoft.com> -----

Subject: posting to Linux mail list
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:04:20 -0800
From: "Michael Surkan" <msurkan at windows.microsoft.com>
To: <jammer at weak.org>

I am a program manager in the Microsoft networking group, doing some
research around how we can improve our operating systems. My goal is to
help us identify capabilities, improvements, and features that Microsoft
should be focusing on to help our customers over the next 5 years or so.
I am particularly interested in hearing from Linux users, and get their
input about what they feel should be priorities.

I was wondering if you would mind if I posted a message on your Linux
mailing list (buug at weak.org) asking for feedback? I want to ask for
people to e-mail me directly if they would be interested in taking an
on-line survey I have put together (sorry, I don't want to post the
survey URL directly to the public).

If you don't feel this is an appropriate use of your list, that's fine.
Of course, I am always eager to hear your thoughts if you wanted to
share them. :-)

Thanks,

Michael Surkan

P.S. If it's ok for me to post to your distribution list, what is the
best way I should do that? Is there an e-mail address you recommend I
use?