[buug] The BUUG mailing list is back online!

Jon McClintock jammer at weak.org
Mon Feb 3 13:51:03 PST 2003

Hey folks,

If you hadn't noticed, the BUUG mailing list has been out of commission
for the past couple of weeks. The hard drive that contained /var and
/home on weak.org died mid-January, a week after the tape drive the
backups were stored on died.

Anyways, it's taken me this long to get a new server setup, and acquire
a replacement tape drive with which I could pull data off the tapes. The
most recent working backups were from mid-December, so things may be a
little off, but in general should be ok.

The new weak.org should be much more reliable; it's setup with RAID-1
mirroring, and uses a much more common tape backup system...

-Jon