[buug] iTunes Music Store: m4p audio files?

Nick Jennings nkj at iaminsane.com
Fri Jun 6 15:51:40 PDT 2003

So, I've had my new Powerbook G4 for a few months now and I love it. I
just checked out the iTunes music store, it's pretty cool (if you habe a
fast connection, that is). Bought the Strokes album, but I wanted to
give a copy to a friend, so I uploaded the files to her. At that point I
realized they were '.m4p' files.

She uses Linux, and XMMS won't play em.

So what do I do? I mean, I could burn an audio CD, give that to her, or
rip the audio CD intp mp3's and upload them to her. This seems like an
unnecesarry ordeal. Isn't there a converter? Anyone know?

I tried searching on google without luck.

- Nick