[buug] iTunes Music Store: m4p audio files?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 6 17:18:00 PDT 2003

Quoting Nick Jennings (nkj at iaminsane.com):

>  Acutally this is not true, it converts download iTunes music to CD
>  Audio just fine.

You're somewhat overinterpreting what I said.  CDDA isn't exactly
what I had in mind by "conversion", in that any further processing, such
as re-encoding to MP3 (_or_ AAC) will lose quality.

>  You mean ripped from CD right? This is also incorrect, iTunes encodes
>  ripped music ifrom CD as mp3's.

I was, as should have been obvious, referring to the iTunes option to
encode at the user end into AAC encoding, not mp3.

But you know, gosh, Nick, I have basically zero interest in helping you
with your expressed aim of bootlegging.  Which brings me back to my
earlier question:  Are you willing to confirm that you still have that
aim?  Please let me know, so I can hand you off to /dev/null.

--
Mildly disgusted,                  Ceterum censeo, Caldera delenda est.
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com