[buug] iTunes Music Store: m4p audio files?

Nick Jennings nkj at iaminsane.com
Fri Jun 6 17:32:30 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 05:18:00PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Nick Jennings (nkj at iaminsane.com):
>
> >  Acutally this is not true, it converts download iTunes music to CD
> >  Audio just fine.
>
> You're somewhat overinterpreting what I said.  CDDA isn't exactly
> what I had in mind by "conversion", in that any further processing, such
> as re-encoding to MP3 (_or_ AAC) will lose quality.

 Over interpreting? I believe that converting to CDDA is just as much of
 a "conversion" as anything else in a general sense. I was mereley
 making sure it was clear that you can burn CD's with the files
 downloaded from the iTunes store. It's an important detail in my
 opinion.

> >  You mean ripped from CD right? This is also incorrect, iTunes encodes
> >  ripped music ifrom CD as mp3's.
>
> I was, as should have been obvious, referring to the iTunes option to
> encode at the user end into AAC encoding, not mp3.

 ?? I don't follow. I put in an audio CD, and select 'Convert to MP3'. I
 don't even see any option to convert to AAC encoding.

- Nick