[buug] Switches?

Skip Evans evans at ncseweb.org
Wed Jun 11 09:39:59 PDT 2003

Hey,

Thanks for the tips on the KVMs. I ordered one that someone had
recommended and it came yesterday: works fine.

Now I need to get a new switch. We have a 16 port thing here from
Centercom, it says on its faceplate, but need to go up to 24.

Any recommendations? Linksys has one for $135. I am thinking I
want to make sure it is completely brainless, so it does not interfere
with the firewall's DHCP stuff, etc. But I imagine most switches are,
right?

Software guy out of his league once again... *sigh*

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Skip Evans
Network Project Director
National Center for Science Education
420 40th St, Suite 2
Oakland, CA 94609
510-601-7203 Ext. 308
510-601-7204 (fax)
800-290-6006
evans at ncseweb.org
 http://www.ncseweb.org

NCSE now has a one way broadcast news list. Please note that
this is NOT a discussion list. You cannot post messages for members
 to receive. We use this list to broadcast news about the
creationism/evolution issue to interested parties.

To sign up send:
subscribe ncse your at email.address.here
to: majordomo at ncseweb2.org

To unsubscribe send: