[buug] Firing a URL with lynx?

Aaron T Porter atporter at primate.net
Fri Jun 13 11:12:13 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 11:05:50AM -0700, Skip Evans wrote:
> I wasn't sure if dump would actually execute the script, including the
> email function, but I guess it might have to in order to produce the out
> put. And then it exits? Guess it might. Okay, I'll try that.

	Yeah, apache/php will process the page to generate the output.

> What's wget? It didn't have a man page. If it's a C call that would be
> easy enough to do.

	GNU Wget, command line web tool. Should be in ports.
	http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html

	If you have a PHP binary, you could probably do:
php -q /path/to/php/script.php

	You can also do php scripts like you would a shell script and put
something like this at the top of the file:

#!/usr/bin/php