[buug] ffb2+ with non-sun monitor

HD billoomal at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 13:42:11 PST 2003

Hi,
My adventures in trying to connect a non-sun monitor
to an ultra 60 (Solaris 9) continue. I got the
requisite 13w3 to vga convertor. I tried connecting a
Phillips 107E, Viewsonic e773 and Viewsonic e790B to
the workstation with no luck.

I have access to shell thru the serial port. I tried
changing the resolutions using ffbconfig but the
currect resolution remains unchanged. Here is the
output from 'ffbconfig -prconf'

--- Hardware Configuration for /dev/fbs/ffb0 ---
Type: double-buffered FFB2+ with Z-buffer
Board: rev 2 (Vertical)
PROM Information: @(#)ffb2p.fth 2.9 98/07/14
FBC: version 0x3241906d
DAC: Brooktree 9070, version 1 (Pac2)
3DRAM: Mitsubishi 130a, version 1
EDID Data: Not Available
Monitor Sense ID: 7  (Unknown monitor type, defaulting
to Sun 19" monitor)
Monitor possible resolution: 1152x900x66
Current resolution setting: 640x480x60

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
HD