[buug] Goin' International

Aleksandr Melentiev alex at myzona.net
Thu May 1 14:13:30 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am not sure what is the correct way to accomplish such a task, but I can
give you some insight on how others differentiate users to explicitly deny
access.
For example, in Russia exists a list of all the russian IP zones, if the
user connects and his IP doesnt match the list, he gets denied. This way
russian companies try to avoid the network traffic from other countries,
because its expensive over there. Such a list is somewhat 50k in size. I
dont know if something similar can be done in the U.S.

Regards,
Alex