[buug] tired of redhat, and i want something new to play with

f.johan.beisser jan at caustic.org
Mon May 5 09:41:48 PDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Brian Sobolak wrote:

> The reason I ask is altruistic, of course - I'm currently running
> -STABLE on a headless server.  But I'm going to move it over to an
> actual workstation and wondered if I should stick with -STABLE or make
> the jump to 5.0.  It isn't critical for me, and won't be my primary
> workstation, so a few glitches are more than tolerable.

i would stick with -STABLE for a while yet. the last time i had 5.0 on a
machine (roughly 5 weeks ago) i didn't even have a working mozilla, and
some other applications would fail in odd ways. i'd also have random
kernel panics if i ran anything that'd use kernel calls for updating
(gkrellm, systat, etc) on a frequent basis.

other than those issues, it was generally not to bad.

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan at caustic.org
	"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for
	  my sham friends." -- Tom Waits