[buug] wake-on-lan/PXE auto-install questions?

Bob Read unixjavabob at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 13:00:47 PDT 2003

Hey buug,
   I'm intrigued by this wake-on-lan/PXE stuff, but
I've never used it.  I just read a bunch of docs and
how-tos.  Before I move forward and set this crap up,
I'd like your opinions:

1)  Anybody set this up?  How did you do it, what
tools did you use (ie Rembo), which OSs did you
auto-install?

2)  Which network bootloader works best (ie
DHCP/PXE/tFTP, pxelinux, etherboot, grub)?

3)  Any problems with different hardware in the
auto-install machine (ie network cards, hard drives,
video)?  How did you cope with different hardware?

Thanks,
Bob

=====
Bob Read