[buug] connecting between linux machines?

Skip Evans skip at ncseweb.org
Thu Nov 13 17:16:15 PST 2003

Hey all,

We got a second install of Red Hat 9 here now, but we're
having troubling connecting between them with ftp or ssh.

We have set the hosts.allow and firewall settings to what we
think are correct, but still no go.

Anything else to look for? We have no trouble connecting
to our BSD machines, but the Linux machines refuse
connections from them as well.

What is there beyond the firewalls and hosts.allow files?

--
Skip Evans
Network Project Director
evans at ncseweb.org
http://www.ncseweb.org

NCSE now has a one way broadcast news list.
Please note that this is NOT a discussion
list. You cannot post messages for members
to receive. We use this list to broadcast
news about the creationism/evolution issue
to interested parties.

To sign up send:
subscribe ncse your at email.address.here
to: majordomo at ncseweb2.org