[buug] Netgear USB Wireless

Joseph Zitt jzitt at josephzitt.com
Wed Nov 19 22:22:22 PST 2003

I'm trying to get my Red Hat 9 system communicating with the local LAN
over a netgear MA101B Wireless USB device with WEP turned on. I had had
it working without the WEP, but couldn't get it to work with it on, so
went back to dialup for a while.

Now that I've tried it again, I find that something (I don't know what)
is now causing my system to not even recognize the device. When I plug
it in, I get:

Nov 19 22:08:23 aleph kernel: usb.c: USB device 6 (vend/prod
0x864/0x4102) is not claimed by any active driver.
Nov 19 22:08:26 aleph /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB
product 864/4102/100

I probably have to set something in /etc/somethingorother.conf again,
but have lost track of what. Googling for answers has gotten confusing
results.

Any clues as to what I should do and where I should look?