[buug] using contol characters to print continuous vertical lines etc on dumb terminals.

Ian Zimmerman bayard at newsguy.com
Thu Oct 2 10:46:14 PDT 2003

Pankaj> Hi, In our college, we used to use control characters to make
Pankaj> a square on our dumb terminals, a full square with continuous
Pankaj> lines. But i have forgotten the characters to use to print
Pankaj> continous (un broken horintal and vertical lines).  These
Pankaj> characters can also be used to print various other characters
Pankaj> like heart etc.

Pankaj> I guess, you got to change the mode of the keyboard (through
Pankaj> some command) and then you get into a different and secret
Pankaj> world of keyboard.

Get the O'Reilly book on termcap/terminfo and look up "Alternate
Character Sets".

--
Wer Schoenheit angeschaut mit Augen, hat dem Tode schon Anheim gegeben.
Von Platen.