[buug] html not used right

johnd john at jjdev.com
Thu Oct 2 17:44:08 PDT 2003

It seems like more and more sights
(ie: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-bash.html)
have their html formatted so that the lines wont wrap.

When I first learned of html, I thought it was cool how the browser would
render it in a nice way.  Now it seems like the browser's ability
to format the html so that you don't need to scroll right and left (if you
for what ever reason can't fit the width in your browser)

Even respectable sights seem to be doing this.  Does anyone else feel
that this is lame and getting away from what html was designed for?  I
used to think the guys who made the site didn't know what they were doing,
but know realize if they didn't know what they were doing it would be
rendering correctly.  I see that they must go slightly out of there
way to make it not let the browser render the html.

just wondering if anyone else feels this way...

--Henry Spencer (Usenet signature, November 1987)