[buug] cisco emulator

Bob Read unixjavabob at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 15:40:37 PDT 2003

I recommend buying your own routers, for cheap, on
craigslist or ebay, and playing with them in a lab at
home:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3050958183&category=176

How else can you learn the wonderful world of IOS?  I
gotta warn you, though, I'm always saying stuff like
this to my wife:

mo s pl ?

And then she says:

no I ha a he

--- johnd <john at jjdev.com> wrote:
> I'm not very familiar with IOS.  I need this
> emulator for learning.  I'm
> not going to be building a router for the sake of
> routing.  I just am trying
> to learn how to use a cisco router.  I'm taking a
> class that is preparing me
> for the CCNA and CCNP certs.  It's mostly hands on
> and we they bring hardware
> for us to play with.  I'd just like something I
> could do outside of class to
> practice with.
>
> They offer us some emulator software but it requires
> windows.  I don't have
> access to a windows box at my home so I need
> something that I can use on
> linux or Mac OS X.
>

> On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 02:13:26PM -0700, Bob Read
> wrote:
> > Do you mean an IOS emulator?  or IOS for x86?
> > linux already has router capabilities built-in.
> >
> > I think there's a company in China that will sell
> you
> > the emulator, ha ha!
> >
> > Bob

=====