[buug] Redhat 9 comatose problem

Skip Evans skip at ncseweb.org
Mon Oct 20 14:55:05 PDT 2003

Hey all,

I've got a Redhat 9 install up and working good on a machine that
used to run Windows XP. Everything works very good, including
Wine running a few MS apps. But if I leave the machine alone for
say 5 or 10 minutes, I typically come back to, instead of the
screen saver, just a blank screen that won't wake up by keyboard
or mouse activity. I've tried to narrow it down to one or two
apps, maybe the MS stuff for example, but haven't really come up
with anything.

I've turned off all power management functions I can find in the
bios, and scoured Redhat discussion boards for anyone with a
similar problem, but haven't found anything yet.

Any ideas?

--
Skip Evans
Network Project Director
evans at ncseweb.org
http://www.ncseweb.org

NCSE now has a one way broadcast news list.
Please note that this is NOT a discussion
list. You cannot post messages for members
to receive. We use this list to broadcast
news about the creationism/evolution issue
to interested parties.

To sign up send:
subscribe ncse your at email.address.here
to: majordomo at ncseweb2.org