[buug] Redhat 9 comatose problem

Patrick Soltani psoltani at ultradns.com
Mon Oct 20 16:56:44 PDT 2003

I saw good questions by other posters, however, wondered if you do CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE, would it kill the xwindow and go to console prompt or shell prompt?

If yes, you have xwindow/kde/application problem.
If no and it just dies and no keyboard combination will awaken it, then you'll likely having apm problem with power thingy.

One other thing, would it work without the screen saver?

Regards,
Patrick Soltani.