[buug] Redhat 9 comatose problem

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Mon Oct 20 21:58:11 PDT 2003

did you do what I said?  after that?

also, look towards the end of the system log file if you know what I
mean...

it maybe a file called /var/log/messages

there are other files in the /var/log directory you may find the error
in, too

you can view the file by using the less command

just type less /var/log/messages
you may need to be root

then go get to the end press G  (that's just a capital G)

run levels can be read about be doing a google search on unix run levels

it may have a record of was caused the problem