[buug] Redhat 9 comatose problem

johnd john at jjdev.com
Tue Oct 21 11:39:18 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 11:10:40AM -0700, Skip Evans wrote:
> Hey John,
>
> I was downstairs for a little longer this time, came back and it was locked.
> I went to one of the BSD servers and tried to letnet to it, but it
> seemed completely
> dead.
>
> Someone else recommended trying to turn on the apm stuff. That sounds kind
> of weird, though, doesn't it?

weird?  I thought that was what all of our corrispondense was about?  turning
off apm

doesn't' seem weird.

I've seen the apm stuff mess up boxes before

try running the box in runlevel 1 then 2 and see if it is ok

from the command line (as root) type init 1

then let it sit for some time and see if it is stable...

if so, repeat with init 2