Haiku Re: [buug] gateway

Jon McClintock jammer at weak.org
Thu Oct 23 13:15:04 PDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:00:06PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> Bob> Two Default Gateways
> Bob> Lookup finds only first match
> Bob> Other route unused
>
> Actually, I have some doubts about this.  I think I recall from Stevens'
> TCP/IP book that some implementations (BSD? Solaris?) choose one or the
> other route in a round-robin fashion.

Hmm. All I've got handy is TCP/IP Illustrated, Vol2, and I couldn't find
a conclusive answer in a few minute's looking. It seemed to imply that
having two default routes wasn't something that could happen (i.e.,
setting a default route wipes out any existing default route).

I'd be interested to see what the output of `route -n` is on your
system, John.

-Jon