[buug] Code editor suggestions?

Skip Evans evans at ncseweb.org
Wed Sep 24 16:48:16 PDT 2003

Hey all,

I now have my Redhat 9 install pretty sorted out, and also
have the Crossover Office Windows emulator running,
allowing me to run some of the Office stuff I need around
here.

However, I have been using Homesite for a PHP editor,
but it doesn't seem to want to install or run under Crossover.

Does anyone know of a good code editor for Linux I can
get ahold of? The thing I like about Homesite is the way it
colors the code so that you can easily spot syntax errors,
and this especially helpful when code mixes source, SQL,
html, etc, as is the case with scripting languages like PHP.
I would like to preserve this feature, if I can.

Any and all recommendations welcome.

--
Skip Evans
Network Project Director
evans at ncseweb.org
http://www.ncseweb.org

NCSE now has a one way broadcast news list.
Please note that this is NOT a discussion
list. You cannot post messages for members
to receive. We use this list to broadcast
news about the creationism/evolution issue
to interested parties.

To sign up send:
subscribe ncse your at email.address.here
to: majordomo at ncseweb2.org