[buug] dvi

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Tue Apr 6 23:23:41 PDT 2004

I just got a new DVI video card.  It is a ati radeon.  It has plugs for
  vga, dvi, and s video.  When I hook up my dvi monitor nothing happens
when I boot the box.  Should I see something when the box is booting?
 From what I know the boot messages and stuff are vga console stuff.  If
I hook up a vga monitor it works fine.  If I hook up the dvi monitor
and turn the box on, the monitor blinks and just stays black, at that
point if I hook up the vga monitor it wont come on.

Is there something special I need to do to use my dvi monitor with
linux?