[buug] dhcp

f.johan.beisser jan at caustic.org
Tue Apr 20 14:30:20 PDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Bob Read wrote:

> Why not use static IPs then?
> Otherwise, how are you going to configure httpd.conf
> (or DNS for that matter)?

host name based virtual hosts don't need IP addresses to be bound to. it's
part of the http spec to enable them just on name resolution.

BUT, apache throws a fit if it can't resolve the hostname it is supposed
to have as a virtual host in this case.

i generally advocate host name based virtual hosts.

	The other day I asked former Yankees pitcher Jim Bouton
        what he thought of our great victory over Iraq, and he
        said, "Mohammed Ali versus Mr. Rogers."
		-- kurt vonnegut, 5.9.03