[buug] dhcp

johnd john at jjdev.com
Tue Apr 20 15:19:17 PDT 2004

it's just for a testing system

to get a static IP I'd have to request it and go the a semi-formal approach.

to get a dhcp ip, I'd just type a command

I was just hoping to quickly and simply get a ip then set up the conf file
and use it for a while

The ip wouldn't change (I've had my desktop's dhcp ip for 4 months)
and if it did I would just change a small conf file that I probably would
already have open in an editor

I'm was trying to keep things really simple for a really simple test...