[buug] turning off monitor in X

johnd john at jjdev.com
Sun Aug 1 16:23:04 PDT 2004

I'm using a apple cinema display with a VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV25 [GeForce4 Ti 4200] (rev a3)

anyone have a similar configuration and able to turn the monitor off with
out turning off your computer?

I can't get it to sleep or turn the backlight off

I'm using the vesa driver (maybe this explains it)

when I try to use the ati driver I get this error from X:

(EE) Failed to load module "pex5" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "xie" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) No devices detected.

any ideas?

--
Microsoft is not the answer.