[buug] ln -sf bug

Chris Waters xtifr at debian.org
Fri Aug 6 14:10:51 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 01:48:50PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:

> Note the last result.  There's now a new link *inside* the directory
> pointed to by the old link!

Followup to my own post: I just tried the same thing on FreeBSD, and
got the same results, so apparently the behavior is considered correct
by more than one -dev team.

Now that I think about it, it is consistent with the behavior of cp
and mv.  So...maybe it doesn't violate the principle of least surprise
as much as I originally thought.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr at debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single