[buug] Resolving host

Joseph Zitt jzitt at josephzitt.com
Tue Aug 10 12:21:41 PDT 2004

I know that this is something that I used to know, but the answer is
eluding me now.

I'm finding that in using my browsers, I have to resolve hosts far too
often, sometimes on every access to a given host, even within moments of
the last one. I should be caching this somehow, and probably have to set
one thing somewhere, but forget what. Clues?

I'm running Mandrake 10.0 Official, mostly using the Mozilla Firefox 0.8
browser.

$ uname -a
Linux adsl-69-107-78-60.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net 2.6.3-14mdk #1 Fri Jun 18
01:22:49 MDT 2004 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux

Thanks for any enlightenment.