[buug] Where is my /dev/sndstat?

george0873 crazylion at vip.sina.com
Mon Aug 16 00:41:39 PDT 2004

Yes, I could listen mp3 and CD. And I could hear "sound test".
I do

[root at localhost proc]# modprobe snd-pcm-oss
modprobe: Can't locate module snd-pcm-oss
[root at localhost proc]# modprobe snd-mixer-oss
modprobe: Can't locate module snd-mixer-oss

I think my driver is not ALSA. Maybe OSS. But I not sure.
All my configurations are defaults while install OS.