[buug] Broadcast error

george0873 crazylion at vip.sina.com
Wed Aug 18 23:59:49 PDT 2004

I tried a broadcast program example on a book which name is <Linux Socket Programming By EXAMPLE>. It could run on Fedaro2 in one of machines in my Lab(in local mode,127.255.255.255:9097 and also specified broadcast address). But it cannot run on my machine which os is redhat9.

Clients cannot receive messages from server no matter in local or remote mode. What problem it could be?

The test result:

My machine:
#./stksrv 127.255.255.255:9097 &
#./gquotes 127.255.255.255:9097
Before recvfrom
After recvfrom
Invalid argument:recvfrom(2)

The same result will be given if I run stksrv on that fedaro2 machine and run client on a remote machine.
George Wong