[buug] software system needed

johnd john at jjdev.com
Fri Aug 27 16:14:19 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 02:17:53PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 01:35:00PM -0700, johnd wrote:
>
> > 4. making my own (probably with java/jsp/servlets)
>
> > it need to be open-source and be UNIX based
>
> These requirements seem a bit contradictory - java isn't open-source
> (unless you're planning to use gjc or kaffe).
>
> I found zope (which is what plone is based on) to be very pleasant to
> work with, but I haven't done anything as extensive as what it sounds
> like you're planning.

I proably wasn't clear...writing my own software is my last choice, I do
want a opensource package instead.

obviously I'm not going to find something out there  already done
that I would write with jsp/servlets

I though  apache tomcat is an open source, maybe I'm wrong but again
I am looking for something already existing that is opensource

I could get a open source tool that would run under java, but I'd prefer not
to do that.  If I end up doing it my self I'd use java because I could
probably get it done faster that way because I'm alread familure with it.

I just don't want a proprietary system or have to purchase the software to
do this site.  I allready have a JVM to run tomcat on, and I wont concernm
myself with modifying the JVM, just the tool I am requesting.