[buug] Window Manager missing

webmaster at hawaiidakine.com webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Wed Dec 1 14:00:28 PST 2004

Hi Gurus,

I am trying out FreeBSD 5.3 on an box which seems to run fine except
that the X does not load the screen for ( xfce ) the window manager I
use on all my FreeBSD 4.x boxes.

init files seem to be there, but I just get a black screen with a mouse
arrow and a left click brings up a small window with selections
including a way to quit.

Anybody have this or a similar problem installing X windows on FreeBSD 5.3.

Thanks for help.

Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Supporting Open Source in computing with FreeBSD 4.9
"Failure only happens when you stop trying." - Omar Periu