[buug] Need help

Ajay Kolambekar ajayk at jopasana.com
Mon Dec 13 06:07:37 PST 2004

Hi ,

I have a problem while using Signals in multi-threaded application.
The problem is with handling SIGALRM in case of multiple threads,
The information that I got from net says, that the signal (SIGALRM) get
sent to the process and not to the thread !!. Process decides to which
thread the signal is to be sent. (This decision has to be made when more
than one thread is ready to handle the signal.)
The problem with this I see is one can not control the thread on which
the signal handler will run !!!!.

Waiting for your reply,

Regards,
Ajay