[buug] "record" mp3/ogg?

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Tue Dec 21 23:13:33 PST 2004

Ian,

I'm assuming you're using a linux-like platform.  I needed to do
something like this a few weeks back.  I didn't find anything to go
direct to mp3/ogg but I did find something to go to wave and then from
there to mp3/ogg

http://www.xenoclast.org/vsound/

Is the sound card to wave tool I used and

notlame is what I used to encode.  I won't bother with that link, but
vsound was not easy to find.

Good luck!