[buug] Keysigning at the 2/5/04 meeting

f.johan.beisser jan at caustic.org
Wed Feb 4 12:57:18 PST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Aaron T Porter wrote:

> 	Hey folks -- we'll be making another effort to get some gpg/pgp
> keys signed at the next meeting. If you're interested remember to bring a
> couple forms of ID and hand-out-able copies of your fingerprint.

could someone explain the purpose of this to me? outside of debian linux,
i've not seen keysigning in use at all.

i've been a curious onlooker with PGP since the early 90s, and involved
with several BBSs.. but i guess my faith in its usefulness has faded with
age. someone care to evangelise the ignorant?

	The other day I asked former Yankees pitcher Jim Bouton
        what he thought of our great victory over Iraq, and he
        said, "Mohammed Ali versus Mr. Rogers."
		-- kurt vonnegut, 5.9.03