[buug] wireless conflict

Tom Duffy tomduffy at dslextreme.com
Fri Feb 6 10:17:32 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 09:56 -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> So, what to do when our 802.11b network starts fighting with neighbors'?
> Switch to a different channel?  Or is specifying a particular ESSID enough?

Move to a different channel.  In fact, move to one that has no overlap
with your neighbor.  1, 6, and 11 are the only ones that are mutually
exclusive.  If you are on the same channel with different ESSID's you
are still competing for frequency time.

-tduffy

--
The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and
to watch someone else doing it wrong, without commenting.