[buug] Hardware heartburn

Patrick Soltani PSoltani at iitcorporation.com
Wed Jan 7 09:06:31 PST 2004

Hi,
I have run into this with Dell machines.  When I did a "lsmod" it listed the loaded usb-ohci module and that confused me even more. Upon further investigation, aka fiddling with BIOS setting, and disabling the usb in the BIOS, the problem disappeared and the module loaded without any errors or problems.  I am using AS2.1, kernel 2.4.9-e.3smp however.

This could be different on Compaq, but worth the try.

Regards,
Patrick Soltani.