[buug] Images in Firebird (aka Phoenix)

Claude Rubinson rubinson at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 13 11:46:02 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 11:34:41AM -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> Is there a way to block images (that is, adverts) from specific
> sites/addresses with Firebird?  The Images/Permissions list under
> Options seems to be always empty and I don't know how to populate
> it.

You can right click on an image and select "Block Images from this
server."  That will add the server to the Options -> Web Features ->
Image Permissions List.

Another option is to install the AdBlock extension.  Go to Options ->
Extensions -> Get New Extensions and install AdBlock.  AdBlock
provides a more sophisticated (regexp-based) method of blocking images
which is useful for sites that rotate server names in an attempt to
defeat simple "Block from this server" approaches.

Claude