[buug] Images in Firebird (aka Phoenix)

f.johan.beisser jan at caustic.org
Tue Jan 13 16:58:21 PST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Claude Rubinson wrote:

> You need to set your MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH environmental variable.  It's not
> really well documented.  The swf-player README makes mention of it.  I
> only figured it out recently.

you can also simply set it in a startup script.

to take advantage of mozilla's open() call, you can simply write a
wrapper. if you need the plugins to be seen, set up the MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH
variable inside that wrapper..

a quick example of the wrapper script:

#!/bin/sh

FIREBIRD_DIR="/usr/X11R6/lib/firebird/bin"
FIREBIRD_EXEC="MozillaFirebird"

cd $FIREBIRD_DIR        || exit 1

./$FIREBIRD_EXEC -remote "ping()" &&
./$FIREBIRD_EXEC -remote "openURL($@, new-tab)" && exit 0

exec ./$FIREBIRD_EXEC "$@"

	The other day I asked former Yankees pitcher Jim Bouton
        what he thought of our great victory over Iraq, and he
        said, "Mohammed Ali versus Mr. Rogers."
		-- kurt vonnegut, 5.9.03